NHS - Alcohol Support
Advice and information from the NHS on how to stop drinking.

FRANK – National Drugs Helpline
You can speak to a professionally trained advisor to get information about drugs or help with concerns about a family member or friend who is taking drugs.

It could be their drug or alcohol use or worries about their mental health – Supporting people concerned about their drug or alcohol use or worries about their mental health.

The national alcohol helpline. If you're worried about your own or someone else's drinking, you can call this free helpline, in complete confidence. Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm).


Release is the national centre of expertise on drugs and drugs law. The organisation, founded in 1967, is an independent and registered charity.

They offer free non-judgmental, specialist advice and information to the public and professionals on issues related to drug use and to drug laws. They also have an A-Z Index of drugs with information on individual substances.

Alcohol Change UK

Alcohol Change UK is a leading UK alcohol charity, formed from the merging of Alcohol Concern and Alcohol Research UK. They work for a society that is free from the harm caused by alcohol, and offer support and information for people who are dependent on alcohol and their families, friends and loved ones, as well as professionals.


Adfam is the national charity working to improve life for families affected by drugs or alcohol.